Traditional digital breath alcohol testers are a great investment for buyers looking to test several times in a month or multiple times in one day. A disposable breathalyzer is a more cost-effective option for individuals testing themselves or loved ones just a few times or less every month.
This single-use disposable breath alcohol tester is accurate and easy to use. Within two minutes, anyone can test whether they are within the legal alcohol limit. Tests are conducted quickly and results are available almost immediately. Order more than one disposable breathalyzer and share with friends and family!
Package includes a disposable breathalyzer ampule, measuring bag, and instruction guide.
- Color Changing Crystals: The disposable breathalyzer contains chemical crystals that react and change from yellow to green when they come in contact with the alcohol from a test subject’s breath. How many crystals change color will depend on the subject's alcohol level.
- Display of Results: Two red lines on the tube help ensure users understand the test results. When the crystals above the lines have changed color, it is indicative of a positive test result.
- Compact Design: The disposable breathalyzer doesn’t require much space and easily slips into your pocket, purse or briefcase.
- Affordable: The disposable breathalyzer is a cost-effective alternative to a digital screener. Purchase in bulk to keep in multiple locations and test quickly at a fraction of the cost. There is no need to purchase an expensive digital breath alcohol testing unit if you are performing very few tests.
Directions for Use:
- Break off the snap-off end caps at both ends of the tester and shake out the harmless white crystals inside the tube.
- Inflate the bag by blowing in one steady breath into the neck of the bag. The valve in the neck of the bag automatically closes after inflation.
- Insert the white cap end of the tester into the neck of the bag.
- Squeeze the bag evenly, expelling the air through the tester.
- Wait two minutes for the results. If the colour change extends beyond the red line on the tube, you're over the limit.
The tester consists of a small glass tube containing yellow chemicals, which turn green in the presence of alcohol. The length of the green color change is in proportion to the amount of alcohol. The tube has an arrow indicating the direction in which the breath must be passed and also a red calibration line indicating the legal driving limit.
Inside the tube on either side of the yellow chemicals is a filling of white crystals, which protect the chemicals against moisture and give the product a shelf life of 2 years. This storage Silica Gel is harmless and non- toxic.
A plastic snap-off end cap closes both ends of the tube. A plastic bag containing a neck valve, which measures the volume of breath passed through the tester, accompanies each tester.
The plug of chemicals is located in the tube by means of two resistant sieves. The size of the plug, the nature of the particles and the chemical impregnation are designed to allow the breath to pass through at the correct rate for any alcohol in the breath to react with the chemicals and change the colour from a yellow to green.
The measuring bag is a critical part of the system as it measures the amount of the breath, which is passed through the tester. The volume is the basis on which the calibration is done.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission has determined that the product does not indicate any potential hazard or toxicity that would require any specific labeling.