Will you be hosting or attending a party this holiday season? If alcohol will be present, it is important to plan ahead and drink responsibly to stay safe and avoid injury.
To drink safely and responsibly:
- Limit your consumption of alcohol. Space your drinks at least an hour apart;
- Have something to eat while you are drinking;
- Try alternating alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks throughout the party to cut down on the amount you drink;
- Drink only if you want to. Don't be pressured into accepting a drink; and
- Don't drive. Take a taxi, public transportation, walk or decide who is to be designated driver before the party starts.
Source: Health Canada; http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/securit/season-saison/holiday-fetes/index-eng.php#c
To keep your alcohol consumption in check, think about getting a personal breathalyzer. They are more accurate than you think and will allow you to know your limits. Enjoy drinking safely and responsibly!